UK: Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 (aka Zombi 3) (1988) (88 Films) Blu-ray

Discussion in 'UK News - DVD + Blu-ray' started by drterror666, Apr 20, 2015.

1. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Released on 21 September 2015

British distributors 88 Films have announced that they will release on Blu-ray Lucio Fulci's Zombi 3 a.k.a. Zombie 3 (1988), starring Deran Sarafian, Beatrice Ring, and Ottaviano Dell'Acqua.

Synopsis: The late, great Lucio Fulci (with a little uncredited help from ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH helmer Bruno Mattei) returned to his living dead roots with ZOMBI 3 – the long awaited sequel to ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS (AKA ZOMBI 2). However, just as ZOMBI 2 was inspired by DAWN OF THE DEAD, with ZOMBI 3 Fulci spins his own terrific take on another Hollywood hit: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. The end result is a fast-paced, plasma-packed popcorn romp in which contagious fumes consequent in an invasion of flesh-feasting ghouls. A classic carnage-ridden splatter caper in its own right, ZOMBI 3 is ripe for reappraisal and arrives on Blu-ray in a worldwide HD debut that looks finger-licking fabulous! For Fulci fans it's a no-brainer – this gory, gut-tearing gem is an essential addition to your collection.

Special Features:
    • BRAND NEW HD Master
    • Uncompressed LPCM English Soundtrack
    • Uncompressed LPCM Italian Soundtrack with English Subtitles
    • Interview with star Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
    • Live Q&A with Catriona MacColl
    • Reversible Sleeve with alternative art
    • Includes a Collectible 300gsm Original Poster Post Card
    • PAURA: LUCIO FULCI REMEMBERED - iconic 2008 documentary on the Italian gore master directed by Mike Baronas and featuring extensive interviews with many of Fulci's colleagues including Zombi 3's Beatrice Ring
    • Collectible booklet by Calum Waddell with an interview with Beatrice Ring
    Technical Specs:
    • Region Code: B
    • Picture Format: HD 1080p 1.85:1
    • Audio Format: LPCM Mono
    • Language: English and Italian with English Subtitles
    • Certification: 18
    • Running Time: 95 Mins Approx
    Blu-ray: amazon.co.uk | DVD: amazon.co.uk

[​IMG]

2. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Will be good to see a decent print of this, the Paura documentary is pretty dull, very short antidote's from actors etc who worked with Fulci, some of the short interviews are held in bars and coffee shops. When I say short I mean short, along the lines of "I worked with Fulci, he was a good director, I remember he smoked a pipe", and then on to the next actor etc who worked with Fulci. Very disappointing documentary, one of the worst I've seen. Shame would be good to see a decent documentary on the great Lucio Fulci.

thehamish likes this.
  3. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

yeah, Paura is shit.

4. WillHay

WillHay Member

I've just watched my DVD of this, and I'm sure I'd bother with a Blu-ray. What is more interesting is the story behind it than the film itself, which is diabolically bad (But in an entertaining way). I've read various reports on what Fulci delivered, but most sources seem to agree the bulk of the film is his with Mattei's stuff being inserts. Fulci at least seems to try to inject some atmosphere and sweat drenched feeling into the scenes he directs (Which I'm guessing are the ones with the soldiers and the tourists, the stuff with the white suits and military all being Mattei's work) and there are a couple of good moments. The head in the fridge is hilariously bad. I've got the soundtrack on CD for some bizarre reason. It consists of some decent 80s instrumental plus some really bad rock songs.

One source I've read claims Fulci delivered a 70 minute movie that was then cut apart and finished.

5. WillHay

WillHay Member

This is out now. At 8.99 from HMV, I decided to get it. There's a new opening scene that I haven't seen before! Overall, picture looks pretty decent, a bit 'hazy' in places.

6. Someone Weird

Someone Weird An Odious Little Runt

Mattei did all the stuff about the gas that was ripped from RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD if I recall from the Shriek Show disc/commentary. Like you said, Fulci contributed stuff in between these bits that ran too short. Compare it to ZOMBIE and it's amazing how quickly Italian Horror went from something so great to something so terrible in the space of a few years. Those mid/late 80's Italian flicks all have none of the look/feel of the classics before them but I will begrudgingly admit they now have a sort of retro charm. ZOMBIE 3 is terrible but it does have some stupid moments that make it just about bearable. The Shriek show disc will do me for the rest of my life as I don't think I ever want to spend more money on this thing and I'm sure I can live without that doc and the scribblings of twaddle's crayons anyway.

7. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

I have to get this. Have a French print already which is trimmed and a German dvd that is shorn by 11 minutes haha. A rather enjoyable mishmash...even if the middle sags like a torn sail haha.