Star Wars: The Force Awakens (teaser)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction + Fantasy' started by MarcMorris, Nov 28, 2014.

1. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

2. Kel E

Kel E Member

As Yoda would say: always in motion the future.

The first shot left me with a WTF?
    Looks like they just wanted to introduce the new cast and glimpses of familiar ships and designs to show its a continuation of the first films-not the prequels.
    And have a little cute robot for the toy merchandisers.

As Yogurt would say: Merchandising! Where the real money on the movie is made.

3. jayzus

jayzus Member

One year of hard sell from Disney started today, teaser trailers every month from now to December introducing a new line of characters and a range of merchandise and toys. Come opening day the largest box office ever recorded.

4. Kel E

Kel E Member

BTW
    this was what i watched (I never got along with that Apple trailer site)

5. Kel E

Kel E Member

There's also the special edition trailer:

6. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Looks closer to the original trilogy than those awful prequels. Find the whole Star Wars thing a little dull, loved it as a kid but just not that excited anymore, still I may change my mind nearer the release date, will certainly check it out at the cinema, remember going to see The Phantom Menace at the cinema and being really disappointed. I liked the two Star Trek movies JJ Abraham's directed so he should do a good job with this....hopefully.

7. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

I think having JJ at the helm is going to give the series the new lease of life it's been aching for.

8. Kel E

Kel E Member

I saw PM and Attack of the Clones at a theater but didnt bother with the third. So terrible. The Red Letter Media reviews of them are damn funny though

9. mr sinn

Watched the 2nd teaser trailer, am now excited for this. First glimpse of Han Solo looking old but Chewbacca hasn't aged a day, not a grey bit of fur in sight!

10. drterror666

Chewbacca gets killed in the books, which are supposedly canon, so I guess the films are set before that event.

11. Kel E

Kel E Member

Chewie looks younger than he has before. What's his secret? He doesnt have the black around the eyes maybe-and his hair is so lush and straight. What shampoo is he using?

12. drterror666

13. the13thman

the13thman Lucky for some

As soon as the new films were announced it was confirmed that all the books (and everything else) in the expanded Star Wars universe were instantly rendered non-canon.

14. mr sinn

Watched the behind the scenes footage they showed at Comic Con, certainly going to go and see this at Christmas. Looks like it's not going to be all CGI, there is a lot of practical effects including puppet work, make up, model work etc, it has the feel of the original trilogy.