Shameless Films UK Euro-Cult DVD releases

Discussion in 'Euro Cult' started by MarcMorris, May 14, 2008.

1. Sgt Sunshine

Sgt Sunshine is almost famous

Oasis of Fear AKA "An Ideal Place to Kill" is featured in this Groundhogs song video.....clips from the film may give an indication of what its like....

2. hellochas

hellochas Member

Are The Groundhogs featured in this film?

3. Sgt Sunshine

Sgt Sunshine is almost famous

No, unfortunately......that would be good though. I don't know who the band are in that clip.
    Probably not half as good as The Groundhogs I bet......

4. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

Received Dirty Pictures for Xmas. Odd film. Keep 'em coming!!!

5. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

I only have Dellamorte Dellamore, because it's the best version you can get, to my knowledge.

thehamish likes this.
  6. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Anything coming out this year, they seem to of slowed down on their releases.

7. Rich

Rich Registered User

The only Shameless flicks I have are: Torso, The Black Cat, Don't Torture a Duckling and Contraband.

thehamish likes this.
  8. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Just out this week with a limited edition cover artwork sleazy Giallo The Sister of Ursula and its uncut :

image.jpg

9. Harold Monroe

Harold Monroe noted NYU anthropologist

would have got this, but i got the r1 edition a long time ago

10. WillHay

WillHay Member

I just watched 'The Church', which was apparently 'supposed to be' Demons 3.

It looks good, the music is good and there are some weird and wonderful scenes and a few creepy moments.

But it's so dull and lacking in any sort of tension. Hugely disappointing.

11. Someone Weird

Someone Weird An Odious Little Runt

First (and possibly only?) post of 2017!

THE CHURCH is a bore! And I find STAGEFRIGHT a bit of a chore in parts too. Hard to believe Soavi was being touted as some kind of genius at the time. "Looks good" is about the best you can say - other than that they aren't much fun.

And as this is a shameless thread...looking back Shameless were pretty crappy really. I only held on to the BRONX tin which was genuinely impressive and RAT MAN as no one else released that but for the most part they just cranked out the same old titles and embarrassed them with those awful covers about "WHORES MEET SAWS!" (that doesn't even work!), "FORGIVE ME FATHER I'M A WHORE!" etc. Completely juvenile nonsense and they introduced to ghe medium the FACT TRACK which is possibly even more boring than audio commentaries! Does any one really re-watch a film just to read along to it? Get a good book I say!

12. WillHay

WillHay Member

It is hard going, but I think I might watch it again. I agree that Soavi is overrated. His stuff looks good, but the stories always seems to be lacking. The Church felt disjointed, as if someone had tried to make something out of a load of random footage.

I'm just about to start watching The Sect...