Shameless Films UK Euro-Cult DVD releases

Discussion in 'Euro Cult' started by MarcMorris, May 14, 2008.

1. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

I guess it's about time we had a new Shameless thread. As you know, I'm now pleased to be assisting with their releases, the first titles I worked on being:

- My Dear Killer
    - The Frightened Woman (complete restoration)
    - What Have They Done To Your Daughters?

And there are plenty more on the way too - so please support Shameless by purchasing their DVD releases ;)

Here's a full run-down of what's out there:

SHAM001 New York Ripper (Lo squartatore di New York, Lucio Fulci, 1982)
    SHAM002 Phantom of Death (Un delitto poco comune / Off Balance, Ruggero Deodato, 1988)
    SHAM003 The Killer Nun (Suor omicidi, Giulio Berruti, 1978)
    SHAM004 Torso (I corpi presentano tracce di violenza carnale / Carnal Violence, Sergio Martino, 1973)
    SHAM005 Venus in Furs (Le malizie di Venere / Venus im pelz, Massimo Dallamano, 1968)
    SHAM006 The Black Cat (Il gatto nero, Lucio Fulci, 1981)
    SHAM007 Flavia The Heretic (Flavia la monaca Musulmana / Flavia Priestess of Violence, Gianfranco Mingozzi, 1974)
    SHAM008 Manhattan Baby (Il malocchio / The Eye of the Evil Dead / Possessed, Lucio Fulci, 1982)
    SHAM009 Night Train Murders (L'ultimo treno della notte / The New House on the Left, Aldo Lado, 1974)
    SHAM010 The Frightened Woman (Femina ridens / The Laughing Woman, Piero Schivazappa, 1969)
    SHAM011 My Dear Killer (Mio caro assassino / Sumario sangriento de la pequena estefania, Tonino Valerii, 1971)
    SHAM012 Ratman (Quella villa in fondo al parco, Giuliano Carnimeo, 1987)
    SHAM013 What Have They Done To Your Daughters? (La polizia chiede aiuto, Massimo Dallamano, 1974)

25th Aug 08
    SHAM014 Who Saw Her Die? (Chi l’ha vista morire?, Aldo Lado, 1971)

27th Oct 08
    SHAM016 Strip Nude For Your Killer (Nude per l' assassino, Andrea Bianchi, 1975)

03rd Nov 08
    SHAM015 The Designated Victim (La vittima designata / Murder by Design / Slam Out, Maurizio Lucidi, 1971)

24th Nov 08
    SHAM017 Oasis of Fear (Un posto ideale per uccidere / Dity Pictures, Umberto Lenzi, 1971)

TBC
    SHAM018 Watch Me When I Kill (Il gatto dagli occhi di giada / The Cat's Victims, Antonio Bido, 1977)
    SHAM019 Baba Yaga: Reloaded (Baba Yaga The Devil Witch / Black Magic / Kiss Me, Kill Me, Corrado Farina, 1973)

2. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

Re: Shameless DVD releases

So far I have

Flavia The Heretic
    The Ratman
    My Dear Killer
    Femina Ridens :p
    Phantom of Death
    New York Ripper

The reversible covers are great, but the packages are a bit - bare?

3. Vaughan

Vaughan Active Member

I admit, I don't yet have any of their titles. It IS time to upgrade my old Daughters disc though, so that's where I'll start. Phantom of Death ought to be fun too. Nice to see them working in the UK market.

4. reaper72

reaper72 NIGHT OF THE DEMON MARC?

And you've done a grand job with them so far Mr M! keep it up....as with NUCLEUS and REDEMPTION,all uk indie genre labels deserve our support...;)

5. Someone Weird

Someone Weird An Odious Little Runt

I picked up a trio the other day at Zavvi as they are on offer there. Very nice looking transfers but not actually watched the films yet. Will pick up a few more - especially What Have They Done to Your Daughters.

6. SicCoyote

SicCoyote I'mAnAsshole I'mAnAsshole

I have
    Ratman
    My Dear Killer
    Phantom of Death
    Manhattan Baby

and have Flavia The Heretic on the way (hopefully)

and Pre-Ordered WHTDTYD

7. reaper72

Getting there Sic....:)btw folks check out Sic's handywork on their forums under...technically minded people thread..;)

8. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard New Member

Yep the Coyote's artwork is pretty superb stuff. [​IMG]

9. WilsonBros

WilsonBros Zombie Twins

What Have They Done To Your Daughters looks fabulous! :)

Nick & I contributed to Shameless' release in our own small way.

Kev W

10. Mojo

Mojo Registered User

Looking forward to picking this one up, Kev. Shameless are building up a great collection of Giallo flicks.

They've got The Designated Victim and Watch Me When I Kill on the way, too ( as I'm sure you know ;) )

11. cloud

cloud Active Member

Watch Me When I Kill is another of their titles that I already own. I've already told Almar as much but have promised him a list of the films I'd like to see them release, I really must get it done soon, I keep putting it off.

12. Jonny Rojo

Jonny Rojo Are you sure Baxter?

I'm not being flippant or anything but...

Will Almar (Shameless) definately release the films on your list? You sound quite confident.

If so can I add some to it aswell? :D

13. MarcMorris

I've suggested quite a few (some of which have been agreed) but at the end of the day it all depends on availability, cost and available masters etc.

14. cloud

cloud Active Member

Hmmmm, yeah sure :rolleyes:. But in response to the rest of that he has said he'd like EVERYBODY on the forum to bring forward their suggestions as they are looking for ideas on what to bring out. It must be working as well with reaper72's constant pestering about Night Of The Demon prompting them to look into its rights etc.

So in future do your homework before acting like a cheeky bastard, okay ;) *thumbs up*.

My point was simply that I already own about 70% of what they've released and find it pointless rebuying. Which is a shame as I want to help them out as much as I can as I'm sure we all do.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  15. MarcMorris

Sadly, Night of the Demon won't be happening any day soon, I can assure you.

16. Jonny Rojo

Jonny Rojo Are you sure Baxter?

Yeah, you got me. I was being flippant. :D

I just get very skeptical when I see a handful of people thinking that by giving lists of films to DVD company spokespersons they will see the films released. I really do not think that is how things work in the DVD industry.

I'd love to be called out on this btw.

17. Companero

Companero Shameless Coasterboy

Said it before and I'll say it again, us *nerds* are a very small proportion of the DVD buying community. Just because the likes of Cloud and I have WATCH ME WHEN I KILL already, doesn't mean Shameless won't sell any. Quite the contrary.

Cloud, if you've got a list of unreleased titles in mind, they're probably unreleased for a reason. I.e. tied up with a studio and/or legal litigation, or the type of film that's not going to sell. Remember, people like Marc (and I know a good few other people like him in the UK video industry) have been involved in acquisitions for ages and there isn't going to have evaded these guys.

18. jacksmith1983

jacksmith1983 Active Member

Maybe you should start pestering them to get Poor White Trash II out on DVD? ;)

Similarly I have been put off most of their output thus far by the fact I already own much of it in a competitive version.

I'll certainly be getting What Have They Done To Your Daughters though as I put off and put off buying the Redemption release until it went OOP.

19. reaper72

Unfortunately ,pestering or not,what Marc says is true.....:(must be losing my touch eh?:D

20. cloud

cloud Active Member

I never said by giving them a list of what I want out would mean they'd automatically release it all. But I've never shyed away from making a few suggestions and I never will. For the record I don't for one minute doubt the knowledge Almar and co have and I'm sure these new releases are selling well for them (that's when Zavvi can be bothered stocking them) but I speak as an individual and not as Joe Public or Big Phil or Billy Burglar or whoever when I say that *I personally* find it disappointing when a new release is announced and I already have the bugger.
    I'm sure I've said a few times how good I think something like The Lonely Violent Beach or Spider Labyrinth etc would look on DVD and those are what I'd like Shameless to release if it's at all possible. I'm happy about The Designated Victim coming out though as I don't have it on DVD and their release of Ratman was a wet dream come true.

Jonny Rojo, just some friendly advice though, rather than approach me as you did earlier how about you either cool it a bit or take it up with me via PM. I think we've had enough friction over the past week to last us all year and if I was having a bad day I'd probably have snapped hard at what you wrote. The day I target your posts in that manner is the day you can do it to me, as I say there was no need for it. You'll probably say it was all in good humour and the usual stuff but honestly mate it's posts like that which cause aggro in the first place. You've also known me on here long enough to know I'm not somebody who is deluded enough to believe that a magic wand can be waved and all of a sudden one of his favourite films is out on DVD. I understand the issue of rights, demand, available masters etc etc etc.
    I keep a VHS player for two reasons, one is nostalgia (though obviously not as much as some of you who are all a fair bit older than me) and two is because there are so many good films that aren't out yet that I own on that format, it's better than nothing afterall.

Oh and of course Jack, a DVD release of Poor White Trash II would be splendid. I think we'd be the only buyers though!

Last edited: May 16, 2008