Nucleus suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other Movies' started by reaper72, Nov 1, 2008.

1. reaper72

reaper72 NIGHT OF THE DEMON MARC?

Marc,any chance we can start a Nucleus suggestions thread?:)

2. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

Yes, you just did.. ;) Fire away.

3. Jonny Rojo

Jonny Rojo Are you sure Baxter?

The Killer Reserved Nine Seats
    Libido
    The Cynic The Rat And The Fist

4. bigandya

bigandya Pre Cert Rebel

John Russo's Midnight
    Lipstick
    House that Wouldnt Die
    Is there Sex After Death?

5. christats

christats look at the muck in here.

I already have the cheap R1 of John Russo's Midnight which will do me fine.
    Unless he's done a film called Midnight Lipstick.?

How about getting Wildcats of St Trinian's from Warners or whoever has it.I'm sure.

Baby Love, Goodbye Gemini, Poor Albert and Little Annie/I dismember Mama, Big Zapper, What Became of Jack and Jill.

Looks like I haven't got any suggestions.House on Straw Hill.Now what was that called over here.

6. reaper72

MS.45/ANGEL OF VENGEANCE.....:cool:

7. reaper72

NIGHT OF THE DEMON 1980,you're the guy to track it Marc.......:D

8. WilsonBros

WilsonBros Zombie Twins

Marc, I know that the rights are a bitch to track down, but Psychomania would be a "must-buy" if you could release it.

Kev W

9. Angel

Angel Registered User

Nekromantik
    The Redeemer
    Gator Bait 1 & 2

10. jacksmith1983

jacksmith1983 Active Member

There's a perfectly good uncut release available in France. However, perhaps Ferrara's film would be successful enough to finance a few more minor releases? As far as I'm aware Warner still own it anyway, if so it's all academic anyway.

Personally Marc I'd prefer for you to focus on titles which haven't had a worthwhile or legitimate DVD release anywhere as of yet.

• Poor White Trash 2
    • Keep My Grave Open
    • The House In Nightmare Park
    • The Psychopath (1966)
    • The Psychopath (the Tom Basham one)
    • Up From The Depths
    • Symptoms (Jose Larraz)
    • Scream... And Die!
    • Night Of The Demon (1980) (as already mentioned)
    • Grave Of The Vampire (Full Uncut Version)
    • The House Of The Long Shadows
    • The Ghoul (1975)
    • Legend Of The Werewolf (perhaps this and The Ghoul as a double-header?)
    • The Loch Ness Horror ;)
    • The Night God Screamed
    • The Warning (the Jack Palance/Michael Landau film)
    • White Fang / Challenge To White Fang (Lucio Fulci)
    • Exterminator 2
    • Delirium
    • Forest Of Fear
    • I Miss You Hugs And Kisses
    • The Werewolf And The Yeti
    • Headless Eyes (to finally shut Vaughan up! :D)
    • Blood (Andy Milligan)
    • Torture Dungeon
    • The Man With Two Heads

Those are just a few off the top of my head, probably all impossible but never mind.

11. Someone Weird

Someone Weird An Odious Little Runt

I'll second The Warning, plus how about Bestialita, Giallo A Venezia (though I imagine this may suffer cuts) or some Jess Franco films? How do you think Female Vampire would fare with the censors these days, considering how much was hacked out of the old Redemption release (which I think was the same for the DVD?) - as close to a definative directors cut depending on censors scissors would be very welcome, and given some of the stuff they have passed recently uncut (i.e. Caligula) then there's always hope. Oh, and why haven't Nucleus released Shocking Africa yet? :D

12. jacksmith1983

The Town That Dreaded Sundown would also be nice to finally see on DVD too.

13. AndyBlade

AndyBlade Unregistered User

I'd absolutely agree with Exterminator 2, and add the following, although I imagine most would be impossible for one reason or another...

Chained Heat
    Scarecrow (1982)
    Fair Game (86)
    Death Weekend
    Rolling Thunder

And above all else...Unman, Wittering And Zigo.

14. MarcMorris

Exterminator 2 is with Studio Canal, so you should contact Optimum about that one as they have an exclusive output deal for their titles.

Rolling Thunder, Death Weekend, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, The Warning, Grave Of The Vampire, House of the Long Shadows are with MGM.

Unman, Wittering and Zigo is with Paramount.

15. tobiaswragg

tobiaswragg The 'Head' Butcher

I'd like to see Andy Milligan's period horrors (would be a dream to have Berwick Kaler commentaries for Milligan's British films). Indeed anything by Milligan would be welcome.

Jean-Luc Godard's Dziga-Vertov period (e.g. BRITISH SOUNDS, made for London Weekend tv in 1969 but deemed unsuitable for broadcast).

DEATH MAY BE YOUR SANTA CLAUS (obscure, arty British film concocted by Frankie Dymon Jr., who played a black revolutionary in Godard's ONE PLUS ONE/SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL).

16. jacksmith1983

Can't believe I forgot about the excellent Death Weekend. Someone really does need to pull their finger out where that film is concerned.

What is the current situation with those MGM titles Marc? Who has the option on releasing them? Is it still Fox?

17. Rich

Rich Registered User

Humanoids from the Deep,the original movie with Doug McLure and Vic Morrow.I remember asking about this a couple of times over at the ABUK forums,I don't expect I'll get much joy here either. :(

18. MarcMorris

The Corman library was sold to Buena Vista so I expect they may get around to doing something with it someday.

19. Myersfan73

Myersfan73 Halloween Blu-ray..Yeah!

What about The Lemon Popsicle films? I would love to see a decent boxset.

20. jacksmith1983

I believe there was a full, officially licensed box-set of the Lemon Popsicle series released somewhere overseas (maybe in their native Israel?) a few years back. Maybe someone can give more information than me on that? My memory is hazy... ;)

There was also a cheap, crap quality, unauthorised UK DVD of Lemon Popsicle which I had the misfortune of buying several years back. If I remember rightly the film itself was edited down to roughly about an hour in length! :eek: E-Bay was absoloutely swamped with them at one point.

I think a special edition of the original Lemon Popsicle would have the potential to be a very good seller here in the UK. A lot of people have a good deal of fondness for that film dating back to the early days of VHS. So from a business standpoint it would be a great acquisition for Nucleus in my opinion.