UK: Nightmares in a Damaged Brain (1981) (88 Films) Blu-ray

Discussion in 'UK News - DVD + Blu-ray' started by drterror666, Jun 19, 2015.

1. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Released on 21 September 2015

Few slasher classics have proven to be more controversial than Romano Scavolini's sicko slice 'em up epic NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN!

Finally unleashed in the UK, for the first time since VHS (back when the distributor of this bloodthirsty HALLOWEEN cash-in was imprisoned for 18 months just for daring to unleash it!), NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN depicts the slow mental burn down of an escaped psychopath as he hacks his way through New York's 42nd Street, horny teenagers and random suburban housewives! But there is more to his rampage than meets the eye, as a shocking final twist reveals!

Featuring enough Freudian-fermentation to appease genre academics, and packing in more plasma splashed set pieces than any of its rivals, NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN is advised only for the strongest of stomachs! One thing is for sure though - this is the Slasher Classic you have all been craving for!

Extras:
    • Audio Commentary by Bill Paul
    • Interview with Tom Ward, CEO of 21st Century Films
    • TV Spots
    • Trailer
    • More TBC
    Blu-ray: amazon.co.uk

Artwork TBC

2. drterror666

Had a look at the BBFC website and it looks like this version may still be the cut version.

3. Harold Monroe

Harold Monroe noted NYU anthropologist

ive got the us blu, so i wont need this esp if its cut. i hate owning cut films

4. drterror666

I've got the Code Red DVD, so I definitely won't be upgrading. It'll be sad if it's cut, but I thought it would have been up on the BBFC site by now.

5. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Also own the Code Red DVD so won't bother with this release.

6. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

Buggeration!! Still can't quite believe someone was jailed for distributing a film. Happy days..........

7. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

The US blu-ray is also missing footage.

8. drterror666

I thought the missing footage was just conversational stuff and unrecoverable? All gore is still intact

9. Rich

Rich Registered User

I can't imagine 88 Films would put out a cut version of Nightmares in a Damaged Brain - what would be the point? It's a niche title that only really appeals to video nasty collectors and older horror fans with feelings of nostalgia for the pre-cert video years. If it's uncut I'll buy it, but if it's not I'll stick with the Code Red DVD.

10. drterror666

Nothing has been resubmitted to the BBFC as yet. The only thing there is what Anchor Bay submitted in 2005.

11. drterror666

88 Films have said that they haven't submitted this film to the BBFC as of yet, so fingers crossed.

12. drterror666

I noticed that 88 Films are touting this as 'Finally unleashed in the UK, uncut and uncensored, for the first time since VHS'. How can they say this if they haven't even submitted it to the BBFC yet?

13. WillHay

WillHay Member

I bought this in HMV for 8.99 a few weeks back, but read today on Facebook that it's been withdrawn for sale due to some sort of issue over content that is not suitable.

Someone commented (I think it was chap who owns Code Red? Olsen?) that they sold it was region free when the contract was for a fixed region...

(Apparently it was fast tracked through the BBFC.)

14. drterror666

Yes, 88 Films hadn't submitted it to the BBFC, although they have now; there's no problem regarding content, as far as I know. As for the region-free thing, I'm guessing Bill at Code Red couldn't really have that. Just sayin'...

15. WillHay

WillHay Member

They released it before getting a certificate? What an odd way for a company to behave.

16. drterror666

Apparently, this has happened before, with many other companies thinking they didn't need to submit anything (hello, Warner's). It's very costly when they get found out.

17. Someone Weird

Someone Weird An Odious Little Runt

Do they still have to pay for extra's? I remember not so long ago a post on these pages that little companies were being priced out by charges for extra features as well as the films...yet since that post, there seem to be more extra's on UK discs than before....if they have to pay for all that, I can't see how they make any money at all.

18. christats

christats look at the muck in here.

Someone should tell Fopp Manchester store, as I have just been and they have several copies for £9 each. Unless its back on sale. None in HMV as yet ? I have the Code Red DVD but bought one to support 88 films. Plus I like the red cases.