Love (Gaspar Noé, 2015)

Discussion in 'Euro Cult' started by drterror666, Jun 11, 2014.

1. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Gaspar's at it again with Love. This time, he wants to stay away from the bleakness of Seul contre tous (aka I Stand Alone) and Irréversible (aka Irreversible), and the psychedelia of Enter the Void, to create a sexual melodrama about a boy and a girl and another girl. It's a love story, which celebrates sex in a joyous way.

Not much more is known about the film, apart from the fact that, as Noé states, it’s a film that will give guys ‘a hard-on and make girls cry!

Here is part of an interview that Noé gave, but I can't for the hell of it tell you where it came from:

I wonder if it'll get banned for sexual content over here?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Sgt Sunshine

Sgt Sunshine is almost famous

Yes it wouldn't surprise me if it did get banned.....
    As a sad indictment of todays values, he has to ask the inevitable...."How young are the kids"?
    As if one could put an age limit on love between two people......crazy....:eek:

3. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

Even if it is "tame" by his standards, there will still be the usual fuss. Shame really....

4. drterror666

Gaspar Noé? Tame? Never!

thehamish likes this.
  5. drterror666

British distributors Artificial Eye have sent us the official trailer for director Gaspar Noe (Irreversible, Enter the Void) latest film, Love (2015), starring Karl Glusman, Klara Kristin, and Aomi Muyock. The film, which is the first Noe has shot in 3D, will open in cinemas across the country on November 18.

Cruzon Artificial Eye will also release Love on Blu-ray on January 11, 2016.

Official theatrical synopsis: Be the first to witness an unmissable, groundbreaking 3D cinema experience from one of the world's most visionary directors. Igniting controversy at this year's Cannes Film Festival, Love is the semi-autobiographical, sexually charged melodrama shot in stereoscopic 3D.

Gaspar Noé's most narratively ambitious film to date follows young filmmaker Murphy who wakes up on New Year's Day to a frantic phone call. His ex-girlfriend Electra has been missing for months and her mother fears the worst. Over the course of a long, rainy day, Murphy finds himself reminiscing about the greatest love affair of his life - the two years he spent with Electra. Expect a hyper-colour whirlwind of passion, orgies and betrayal...

6. Harold Monroe

Harold Monroe noted NYU anthropologist

love his films, have pre ordered the blu ray

7. the13thman

the13thman Lucky for some

Better than Harry Potter anyway!

I did email Artifical Eye to confirm that the UK blu ray would include the film in 3D and they said that it would, but I'm not pre-ordering it until I see that confirmed.