London's Cinema Store closing

Discussion in 'DVD + Video Collector's Area' started by the13thman, Jan 18, 2016.

1. the13thman

the13thman Lucky for some

For several decades now I have been picking up imported movies from London's Cinema Store near Leicester Square.

Yes they were massively overpriced but there was nothing like actually being able to see what you are buying. I bought so many films there that I would otherwise never have even known were available.

Those days sadly are over now as the Starbucksification of London continues, but my question is this: does anyone know of any UK shop (London or elsewhere) that sells imported DVDs/blurays? A physical shop, not an online one.

2. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Sad news, would often pop in when in London and pick up some imports, also used to pick up DVD's and VCD's in China Town, those shops have also gone too. The times they are a changing, but not for the better.

the13thman likes this.
  3. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

the13thman likes this.
  4. the13thman

the13thman Lucky for some

Good article. What needs to be stopped RIGHT NOW is region locking - that's one of the biggest threats to the continued survival of physical media, it's a tragedy how prevalent it still is...

5. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Region locking is archaic! Most hardcore film lovers end up getting multiregional players anyway!