UK: Lifeforce comes to Blu-ray from Arrow

Discussion in 'UK News - DVD + Blu-ray' started by MarcMorris, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

On 14th October 2013 Arrow Video will issue Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce on Blu-ray.

IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, THE TERROR BEGINS.

When a space shuttle crew finds a mysterious spacecraft containing three human-looking creatures in a state of suspended animation, they bring them back to Earth for further investigation.

It's only then that scientists discover that they are in fact a race of space vampires that feed off people's life-force rather than their blood. So when they escape and run amok in London, the consequences are apocalyptic - and the shuttle crew's only survivor (Steve Railsback) seems to be the only man who can stop them.

Based on Colin Wilson s novel The Space Vampires , co-written by Dan O Bannon (Alien, Return of the Living Dead) and directed by Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Poltergeist), this lively sci-fi horror romp has a stellar cast including Peter Firth, Frank Finlay and Patrick Stewart - although it's Mathilda May's appearance as a naked female alien that attracts most attention to this day.

2-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition Special Features:

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both the Theatrical and Director s Cuts
    • Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    • Audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper
    • Audio commentary with Academy Award-winning visual effects artist Douglas Smith, moderated by filmmaker and scholar Howard S. Berger
    • Audio commentary with make-up effects artist Nick Maley
    • Cannon Fodder: The Making of Lifeforce - An epic UK-exclusive look at the genesis, production and release of Lifeforce featuring interviews with Hooper, producer Michael J. Kagan, editor John Grover, actors Aubrey Morris and Nicholas Ball, makeup artist Sandra Exelby, screenwriter Michael Armstrong, sound designer Vernon Messenger, artistic designers Tom Adams and Douglas Smith and effects artist John Schoonraad.
    • Cast & Crew Retrospective with star Steve Railsback, Hooper, Mathilda May and more!
    • Original Theatrical Trailer
    • TV Spot
    • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
    • Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film, a new interview with Oscar-winning visual effects artist John Dykstra by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
    • And more to be announced!
    Blu-ray: amazon.co.uk | Limited Steelbook: amazon.co.uk

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

Will be picking this up, love Lifeforce one of the three movies Tobe Hooper made for Cannon, the others being the second chainsaw movie and the underrated remake of Invaders from Mars.

3. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Not sure about that cover, but I really love this film. It's totally bonkers, but brilliant all the same. I'm sure there was another reason for liking this film, er, um...

[​IMG]

Ah, that's it!

Oh, and because it comes on two discs, it doesn't suffer from the compression problems the Shout! version had.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  4. Harold Monroe

Harold Monroe noted NYU anthropologist

got the steelbook on preorder from amazon. got it for a misprice of £7.25, not too bad that. also another great film from tobe

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  5. drterror666

Yes, it was. I linked the picture from a website. I wonder why it didn't appear. I can still see it. Hmm...

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Here it just says image exclusively from DVD Active link to website,anyway this is for you (+ others enjoy :D)

[​IMG]

7. drterror666

Thanks, Cannonball! Hope you don't mind, but I nicked your picture and put it in my original post. I'll change it later :)

8. the13thman

the13thman Lucky for some

Watched this last night - looked and sounded fantastic, will watch Cannon Fodder tonight

9. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior Well-Known Member

-WHat a coincidence, this is almost certainly the film I've been trying to ID, for years and years, recognise that girl, you'd remember right? Does she walk around naked in the film?

posted in NAME THAT SCENE, on this, just, bizarre, who says fate and coincidence don't exist.

Watched it in the 1990s on TV. Had it taped for a while, too...

10. TheRoadWarrior

Reading the blurb, yes, that was it

's sexy naked space vampire....' who'd care about saving the world.

11. drterror666

It's an absolutely amazing film, with nakedness, gore and stuff that just doesn't make sense that you really don't care about when it's this good! I can't wait to purchase it and see it on Blu.

12. TheRoadWarrior

Ahh, 15 years to redisvover, and its on dvd, and I've just had somebody ask me about a dvd for xmas, so will buy it via this site. It all makes sense, it's Dan O'Bannon, et al. Funny how one can watch mainstream, but you know you're lies with this sort of thing, because I got a buzz just seeing it and tumbling to the fact.

Now, what do I have to do to buy it as a dvd, (not Blu-Ray) via CMF, does MARC have to embed the link first?

Here's the one I'd like, only £4.98.

amazon.co.uk

I'll check in later...

And it's Tobe Hooper for cripes sake, how did I miss it for so long?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  13. drterror666

You just have to enter Amazon via any of Marc's links and then buy whatever you like. The more you buy, the more money the forum gets.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  14. TheRoadWarrior

ahh, okay. Thanks for the confirmation. I buy some books and stuff for relatives, one is into American 70s era TV, so pick up the odd dvd that way, so as long as I begin in here, then enter Amazon, that will do it. I have two purchases, coming up, so that should help to keep us running. In the new year I may be buying some more dvds, so will go in via here for those too.
    :)
    And there's my book buying habits, or addiction, but that's under control, at the moment, I'm like the Harold of the book buying world.

15. TheRoadWarrior

Lifeforce ordered.

16. drterror666

Finally, got the damn thing!!! Turned that ugly cover over, though.