Interesting titles coming on region 2 italian dvd

Discussion in 'Other Release News - DVD + Blu-ray' started by Mark Ashworth, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Sgt Sunshine

Sgt Sunshine is almost famous

I am rather surprised & a bit dejected that Roberto Rossellini's classic film PAISA does not appear to be available with English subs....:(

2. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

It's available from Criterion in this box set, with English subtitles.

Rossellini's War Trilogy

[​IMG]

and this disc apparently also includes English subtitles:

Paisa'

[​IMG]

3. Sgt Sunshine

Marc, If you scroll down to the reviews for Paisa you'll see the comments re: "No English Subs". Which is strange because as you say the US import box-set does have English subs.....problem is I already have "Rome Open City".

4. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

I'm sure you could easily sell your copy of Rome, and put the cash toward the Criterion set.

The Italian Blu-ray features an English dub.

5. Sgt Sunshine

Me,.... sell something, now that would be a novelty...:D
    Anyhow just bought that Dinosaur film so I'm financially "stuffed" till next month :eek:

6. Vizzini

Vizzini Member

7. Vizzini

Vizzini Member

8. Sgt Sunshine

Thanks for the info Vizzini.....I recently saw Toto in Pasolini's "Hawks and Sparrows"...:)

9. Vizzini

Vizzini Member

thehamish likes this.
  10. Vizzini

Vizzini Member

[​IMG]
    Senza lasciare traccia (Leaving No Trace, 2016)
    The film is a disturbing noir on a terminally ill man who looks for revenge against the men who abused him as a child. Shot on 16mm and loaded with cinephile references (Altman, Fulci, Avati), this is a rare gem from Italian indie cinema.
    The recently released DVD has English subtitles, and bonus features include two bonus short films by Cappai, also with subtitles.
    You can find it on Amazon.it.