Gravity

Discussion in 'Science Fiction + Fantasy' started by mr sinn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

image.jpg
    Just watched the trailer for this, the effects look awesome. Not a huge fan of George Clooney or Sandra Bullock but the visuals look amazing. Will make the effort to see this in 3D at the cinema. Also Alfronso Cuaron is a good director, he made the best Harry Potter film and Children of Men was pretty good .

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. Harold Monroe

Harold Monroe noted NYU anthropologist

got my eye on this, will buy it on blu for sure. looks amazing

3. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

Seeing it next week in Dolby Atmos ;)

4. hellochas

hellochas Member

Saw this last night. Great fun, Was on edge throughout most of the film. You won't catch me in space!

5. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

is this a cartoon?

6. the13thman

the13thman Lucky for some

I usually avoid post-converted 3D films in the cinema but given the whole film is CGI aside from Bullock's and Clooney's faces, I'm curious as to how good/bad the 3D is. Is there any activity before the screen or is it all just yawnsome "depth"?

7. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

so this is a cartoon then? great. I like cartoons.

8. hellochas

hellochas Member

It's fantastic. The effects are utterly superb and 100% convincing. A total triumph for the art department who created the whole 'charade'. See it ASAP!

MarcMorris likes this.
  9. jayzus

jayzus Member

Its a cracking film with a crappish ending, the pace is snappy, the camerawork is great, Bullock is very good. Like all 3-D when it works, it works in Gravity about 20% of the time I found myself refreshing my view ie taking the glasses off and putting them back on maybe half a dozen times. Due to the scope and space backdrop of the film I would recommend a cinema visit, a TV screening would make everything small scale especially with the opening sweep.

10. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Apparently, this film has made some people feel sick!

11. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

The Martian from Looney Tunes makes an appearance in this movie, but no it's not a cartoon, thought the film was great.

12. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

I saw GRAVITY on Saturday at my new local cinema in Barnes. I highly recommend it. On the biggest screen possible, or sitting close. My film of the year.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Saw this on saturday and highly recommended and very Original,the camerawork was amazing.:)

14. Vaughan

Vaughan Active Member

Damn - this film sucked. I just don't understand what all the fuss is/was about. It's boring as all hell - and the casting was just ridiculous. Things have fallen a far way since Kubrick gave us 2001....

15. MonsterFisher5

MonsterFisher5 New Member

This is my favorite movie. I just love that the film got across a quintessential emotional reality - the human search for connection and survival. Thumbs up.