UK: Give Us Tomorrow (Donovan Winter, 1978)

Discussion in 'UK News - DVD + Blu-ray' started by MarcMorris, Oct 30, 2015.

1. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

Label: Nucleus Films
    Release Date: 19 October 2015

Nucleus Films proudly present the UK DVD premiere of Donovan Winter s final feature, the 1978 home-invasion thriller, Give Us Tomorrow. With a cast of experienced British acting talent headed by Sylvia Syms and Derren Nesbitt, this grimy yet sleek hostage movie is far more than your standard slice of Soho sleaze; and, like The Deadly Females, emphasises the director s gradual move from the tawdry British Sex Film towards social comment- with a hefty chunk of suspense thrown in. Shot in leafy suburban Orpington, the story concerns two less-than-professional criminals, Ron (Derren Nesbitt) and The Boy (Alan Guy) who imprison a family in their home whilst their accomplices raid a local bank managed by the father (James Kerry) But then something goes wrong, and a bank teller (Gene Foad) is shot dead, and the hapless duo soon find themselves without the loot in a lose-lose situation with half the London Borough Of Bromley constabulary in attendance.

Tense and claustrophobic but with a setting straight out of a Thames TV sitcom, GIVE US TOMORROW was at the time originally withheld for legal reasons from proper distribution or theatrical release. Original VHS releases are extremely scarce: therefore, the arrival of this long-awaited, remastered and uncut disc is cause for celebration among cult collectors everywhere.

Special Features:
    Brand New 1.66:1 Transfer Enhanced for 16x9 TVs
    Theatrical Trailer
    Tomorrow's Man - Interview with Derren Nesbitt
    Donovan Winter Trailer Reel
    The Winters of My Discontent - Donovan Winter's memoirs (.pdf)
    A Winter s Tale - Donovan Winter featurette
    Nucleus Trailer Reel.

DVD: amazon.co.uk

[​IMG]

2. Harold Monroe

Harold Monroe noted NYU anthropologist

got this, havent watched it yet, but it sounds super good

3. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

Anyone watched it yet? Any thoughts chaps?

4. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

5. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

I picked up a copy of this today for a fiver in CEX.

6. Someone Weird

Someone Weird An Odious Little Runt

I haven't actually got round to watching the film yet - but I shall be checking it out shortly over this festive period.