Directors and films that we or you may not know of...

Discussion in 'DVD + Video Collector's Area' started by TheRoadWarrior, Feb 27, 2015.

1. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior Well-Known Member

This is a bit of a stretch with you guys, but as a way of introducing some rarer films to the site, is there any film you can think of, or a director, that I, we, you... may have not enjoyed to date.

Please add a little summary of why you like this film/director/or even genre.

Thiking here, as per my recent posts of films like Paris, Texas, Two Lane Blacktop, Five Easy Pieces and Fargo even...

Films/directors with that sort of flavour about them. I think you'll know what I mean.

2. mrb

mrb Slave Trader

You know whose films I've realised that I absolutely love over the last few years? Takeshi Kitano.

I saw some of his earlier stuff when it was first out, I saw Sonatine at the ICA when it was first released, but it's only dawned on me recently how much I adore his films.

I watched A Scene At The Sea today, and I thought it was sublime.

3. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior Well-Known Member

Now, I'm wondering if I know him, no.............. I think I''m confusing him with another actor, rather than a director.

I like the Japanese cinema classics and have looked at a boxset of NARUSE, a few times, I think I have that name down correctly?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

Quentin Dupieux. Rubber, Wrong Cops, Wrong, Non Film.

the13thman likes this.
  5. mr sinn

mr sinn Well-Known Member

If you like gory horror Ryan Nicholson's movies are worth checking out : Live Feed, Gutterballs and Hanger.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  6. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

Hanger is, er unique imo.

7. MrWorldWide

MrWorldWide New Member

Not the most unknown but somewhat a hidden gem imo. Seraphim Falls. Most folks havent given it a watch I run into nor heard of ...