Cockneys vs Zombies (Matthias Hoene, 2011)

Discussion in 'British Cinema' started by MarcMorris, Mar 18, 2011.

1. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

Currently in pre-production.

from Bloody Disgusting:

DVD: amazon.co.uk

Blu-ray: amazon.co.uk

615vvIV54ZL._SX342_.jpg

2. christats

christats look at the muck in here.

and when the cockneys get bitten will we have zombies saying gercha as they are about to take a chunk out of someone.

I've seen some daft titles in my time.(I want to see it.)

3. Companero

Companero Shameless Coasterboy

What's the likelihood of a zombiefied pearly king and queen chasing the protagonists down an eerily empty Old Kent Road to the sound of 'Rabbit' by Chas and Dave?*

* note to the producers: if a similar scene ends up in the final version of the film I'll be quite to discuss royalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. R-T-C

R-T-C Frankenstein's mistake...

I don't work in film PR, but surely Honor Blackman has a much more significant credit to her name than 'Bridget Jones’s Diary'...?

5. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

This sounds so daft that it has to be good!

6. Companero

Companero Shameless Coasterboy

It's brand recognition, innit. Most of the target audience wouldn't know/couldn't care about the older stuff.

I'd have referenced 'The Upper Hand' had it been me that had written it :D

7. thehamish

thehamish teuchter on the doorstep

remake of that french one THE HORDE no???
    at least DD aint in it....

8. thehamish

Saw trailer for this, looks a hoot, Richard Briers!!

9. MarcMorris

MarcMorris Head Honcho Staff Member

I saw it at Frightfest the other week, it's really good fun. Check out the same producer's other film TOWER BLOCK too.

10. thehamish

Noted!

11. christats

Will be buying it in October. I thought it sounded daft when I first heard the title. This along with Inbred are on my silly horror film to buy list.

12. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior Well-Known Member

13. WillHay

WillHay Member

I saw this... thought it was well made & looked great, but just not very funny. The script was pretty poor. The old actors stole the show as well!

14. christats

Out of the 2 daft British Horrors I've seen recently I prefered Inbred over Cockneys. A zombie film has to be something special to stand out from the crowd.

15. Kelly Knight

Kelly Knight New Member

I am looking forward to this movie (I'm hoping Netflix will offer it at some point) and was saddened by Briers' recent passing. He was so great in 'Monarch of the Glen'.

Kelly Knight

16. jayzus

jayzus Member

The entire film is on youtube with Spanish subtitles. Some one should flag it. It's enjoyable piece of nonsense, i watched it at my mums house and this was her first zombie film and at 67 she loved it and laughed a lot. The director made the right choice in selecting those TV regulars from the 1960s and 1970s as the pensioners.

17. drterror666

drterror666 Too Much... for One Movie!

Surely, if you watch the whole thing on YouTube, you're not giving back to everyone who created this film?

18. jayzus

jayzus Member

I pointed out it was on youtube, but failed to mention I watched the first ten minutes for free on Virgin Media and then dear mum paid the £2.75 to rent it for 48 hours.

The thing about youtube its a black hole, almost everything on there has advertising at the front of it, the service is owned by a billion dollar company who pay royalties per number of plays, for all i know the Spanish rights holders may have put the film on youtube (it could be linked to some kind of payment infrastructure).

I recently gave money to The Tea Shop Film Company, I was one of the few people in Britain who trekked out to the cinema to see Tower Block (UK gross £54,000 from 61 screens).

19. Kelly Knight

Kelly Knight New Member

A friend of mine invited me to watch this. I don't know where the copy came from and I didn't ask him. Feel kind of bad about that, but I really enjoyed the movie! It's a good addition to the zom-com sub-genre. Maybe not as classic as 'Shaun of the Dead', but still worth a watch. There were many scenes that made me chuckle. I liked the production values and the soundtrack was also quite good.

Two dead and rotting thumbs up!

Kelly Knight

20. thehamish

Liked it, borrowed mate's dvd ahem. some cheeky bits, and Ryan obviously hasn't changed her clothes since TBW hahaha. best bit for me was R Brier's "git aht of it!!" to the zombie. Nice few digs at gentrification as well imo.....