On 4 June 2012 Second Sight will issue Dan O'Bannon's Return of the Living Dead on Blu-ray and a special two disc DVD set.
The dead have risen and they need 'BRAINS!' Dan O'Bannon's cult splatterfest is one of the definitive zombie movies and one of the classic horrors of the 80's.
Blundering medical supplies warehouse workers Frank and his young trainee Freddy unwittingly unleash a mysterious U.S. military chemical that brings the dead back to life. And they've got a real hunger for human brains! Enlisting the help of the local crematorium they set off a chain of events that could lead to the end of civilisation.
Can they defeat the growing army of ravenous zombies? 'How do you kill something that's already dead?' It's not a bad question Burt!
5 Hours of Bonus Features:
- More Brains! A Return To The Living Dead: The definitive 2 hour documentary featuring interviews with cast, writers, producers and many more, as well as previously unseen behind-the-scenes footage, storyboards, conceptual art, publicity materials and archival documents.
- More Brains! 2 hours of Killer Bonus Features: A conversation with Dan O'Bannon: The Final Interview. They Won't Stay Dead: A look at Return Of The Living Dead Part II. Love Beyond The Grave: A look at Return Of The Living Dead III. Stacey Q Live: Exclusive 'Tonight' music video. Even More Brains: Deleted documentary interviews. Return of the Living Dead in 3 minutes. Resurrected Settings: The Filming Locations Today.
- The Origins of Return Of The Living Dead with John A. Russo.
- The FX Of The Living Dead with production designer William Stout and FX make-up artists William Munns and Tony Gardner.
- Party Time with music consultant Steve Pross and 45 Grave singer Dinah Cancer.
- Exclusive to Bluray Steelbook - Ernie's Notepad: a 20-page replica notebook by embalmer Ernie Kaltenbrunner, featuring production notes, casting information and exclusive artwork
Blu-ray: amazon.co.uk | play.com
DVD: amazon.co.uk | play.com